The Mission of Windham's Parent & Community University is to strengthen our diverse community by Involving, Informing, and empowering parents and community members through educational courses and leadership opportunities.
It's time to register for the Spring Parent & Community University!
- Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m at Windham Middle School
- Free breakfast and lunch are included
- Engaging children's activities for youth of all ages while adults attend workshops
- Many workshops to choose from--see our full brochure of the choices.
- Pre-register today!
Want to know what PCU is all about? View our video that tells you more about PCU,created by Eastern Connecticut State University Students at the April 2017 PCU!
PCU is a free resource that provides opportunities for Windham residents to learn how to best support their students while equipping themselves with the tools needed for personal success. PCU includes several different workshops to involve, inform, and empower parents and community members in the following areas:
- Parental Awareness: PCU provides information that can empower parents to raise confident, educated children ready for the 21st century. It also helps parents navigate how to support children’s academic opportunities and today’s educational challenges.
- Parental Health/Wellness: These workshops provide information and activities that can help families build healthy emotional as well as physical lifestyles.
- Personal Growth and Development: PCU helps participants to grow personally and professionally so they can become the most effective advocates for their children.
PCU is offered two Saturdays a year, in the Fall and Spring. Ongoing courses are offered throughout the year in small group settings.
Contact PCU Coordinator, Rosie Hernandez (see contact top right), for more information.
Here's a slideshow of last year's PCU !